ECO Affordable Warmth Eligibility Criteria
The government’s ECO Affordable Warmth scheme aims to cut UK fuel poverty by offering free boiler repair or replacement and loft and cavity wall insulation, to homes within a certain income bracket. Eligibility for Affordable Warmth is means tested, however the government have outlined the following basic criteria.
The scheme is open to both owners and tenants (who have permission from their landlord to carry out the work). To qualify, you must be currently in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with an income of £15,860 or less per year)
- Working Tax Credit (with an income of £15,860 or less per year) – plus one of the additional conditions
- Income Support – plus one of the additional conditions
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance – plus one of the additional conditions
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance – plus the support or work related element, or one of the additional conditions
Additional conditions are detailed on the application page.